Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Sleepless in Chicago

So have moved to Chicago (jus me for now) and what a change it is. In STL I had to drive 30 miles to go to an Indian restaurant, here there are more than three within a mile of each other. There is just loads of stuff around ... but then not the people I know. So its back to square one of making new friends ... then again I am supposed to be used to it by now.

The hard part of carrying my earthly possessions is still left undone, not for long though, its back to STL this weekend to finish the job.

The last two days have been spent in the hotel mostly, trying to catch up on the sleep that I have lost over the last couple of weeks. Sometimes its not too much fun to go through a new place without company but then again I am used to that too!! Only thing that the loneliness of the first few days does is to make you feel sorry for yourself and ask yourself what in God's own earth you are doing here. The moment the daily grind starts though its all forgotten.

So here's to a new beginning!!!

"“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo sorry you're moving all by yourself!! i would have loved to help you dude.. *sniff sniff* praying for your strength!

NoViCe said...

Well I know you would have :) ... but now I know I can do it ... hopefully shaved off an inch from my tummy!!!