Tuesday, March 29, 2005

What about Easter?

The legal case of Terri Schiavo is over but the political and moral debate is just starting. Almost all pro-life proponent has taken this case as a personal cause. But the majority of the people have felt that the rhetoric has gone overboard more so the political establishment which went to great pains to have the feeding tube reinserted.

In all this the person Terri Schiavo has been forgotten, and she has been used by a lot of vested groups. I do agree that there are really concerned people who want the feeding tube reinserted but the fact remains that this case has become a political side show. Though after the time poll was released the government decided to stay out of the family business. Now it is the time for self appointed protectors of the Christian faith to protest strong enough so as to closed down the neighboring school.

I have been sounding like a cynic in quite a few of the lost posts beating up on some groups without offering any solution. So, I stop ranting on the Terri Schiavo case by just asking, the parents who are deeply religious and cite it as a reason for them not allowing the tube to be removed, wouldn't everlasting glory be better than this short stay on earth? I will not pretend that I feel what they feel, because I haven't lost anybody that close to me yet. So I just pray that they can find peace.

This brings me to the question about how much power the media really has? If they has given the people dying in Sudan or lots of other places as much coverage as Terri Schiavo, wouldn't it have made a difference in a thousands of people's life? Its a question we will never know an answer to till we stop just thinking about our immediate surroundings and start thinking about everybody!

I know that I mentioned that I am going to be posting a discussing I had with a few people over a Chief Minister from India being denied Visa to the US. But I was kind of tied up this weekend. Had a few friends visit me from Ohio so had to show them around St. Louis. Also I had to see the city for myself. The main accomplishment was ice skating, pictures of which I shall post here soon.

Hope everyone had a good Easter ...


"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

No comments: