Monday, March 14, 2005

Janie's got a gun...

The gun culture seems to be getting younger by the day. Before I continue believe you me, I love guns ... a lot. Though this love of mine does not condone the misuse or the non regulation of gun owning. Now not only need I be scared of a mugger or being shot in a back alley but am also afraid of going to church.

When I was in school(Which wasn't very long ago) I wasn't scared of getting shot by a classmate. Neither was I scared of traveling in the school bus. I have long heard the quote that "Guns don't kill people but people kill people". But that does not negate the fact that guns make killing easier and cause more accidental damage. I don't think that if there were knives instead of guns we would have to see the two year toddler die. Knives and other objects don't cause as much panic as guns do. I would rather see my friend showing off his pocket knife than his gun.

But then the crux of the matter is better gun control, not necessarily by the government but also by the supporters of the second amendment. I don't personally care much about the gun lobby or the lack thereof, but we do need a solution to this pressing problem unless the US is proud of this heritage

In other news I have bought 10 pairs of fishes just to see how long they could survive. (Check my february posting for it). The score after 24 hours - 1 dead/19 alive.

The question for today


If all the nations in the world are in debt, where did all the money go?

'Tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
- Samuel Johnson

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just trying to figure out why they don't let militart Chaplains have guns. They get shot at too...

-Mike

NoViCe said...

Just so that you don't stop trusting your bibles and start trusting the guns ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ulysses, what's up! Remember me? This is Carlos, the dude that played the djembe then moved to Pennsylvania unexpectedly, got married, and now posting a message on the blogger. Just reading up on ya...peace.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the President of US carries one himself..you never know..I am sure he has a personal collection, and being a TEXAN it is only natural..but as one who is protected at all times by Secret Service ( I don't get what is so secretive about them!!!), would he still carry one on himself at all times, just in case as a backup plan..well, I don't think anyone has asked him that question ..anyone wants a shot at guerrilla journalism..give that question some thought..you might be on CNN..hahaha

Anonymous said...

hi by the way are you sure you dont have one on you ............:-)

NoViCe said...

Hey Jackal mon(Carlos) long time its been and you are married now. Its good to hear from you ;)

Well I don't have a gun ... yet. Waiting for some kind soul to present me with one.

This is not the time for guerrilla journalism ... you would be banded as a traitor!!!