Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Africa

Considered the dark continent (I don't know if it is figurative or literal). Africa is so far removed from the rest of the world in terms of its economic and living conditions. You hear of the big nations talking about their relief packages and humanitarian aid, but I don't see any concerted efforts to see that the continent as a whole makes a stride towards a better life.

"Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day, teach him to fish and you feed him for life "

I believe that there are some vested interests who want the continent of Africa to remain in the 'dark'. The only sure way to keep a people down is to make them eat out of your handouts and not help them to be self reliant. Compounding the fact is that most of us are in the dark about what really happens there. We don't care as long as we have food to eat and way of getting money.

Did you know that slavery is still practiced.

If you want to do your mite you can contribute to Hope for African children

Matthew 25 35-36
for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'


Laters...

No comments: